The Fund’s investment objective is long-term capital appreciation.
pioneers in managed volatility
Acadian Asset Management pioneered its global managed volatility strategy in 2006. Having previously introduced its first emerging markets portfolio in 1993, Acadian funded its first emerging markets managed volatility portfolio in March 2011. The firm now manages more than $17 billion in emerging markets and $12 billion in managed volatility strategies*. Acadian’s investment team of more than 75 professionals includes 16 Ph.D.s.
Firm inception: 1986
- Brendan O. Bradley, Ph.D., Senior Vice President and Director of Portfolio Management
- Ryan Taliaferro, Ph.D., Senior Vice President and Portfolio Manager
and emerging markets
Emerging markets have historically exhibited a higher level of volatility than developed markets. Acadian’s global expertise allows the team to build an active, lower volatility portfolio from the bottom up, where sector, country and market-cap allocations are largely by-products of stock selection. The investment strategy has three goals:
- Benchmark-beating returns over a full market cycle → Fully invested active EM equity strategy.
- Decreased volatility of returns and substantial downside protection → Risk-based portfolio construction.
- Avoid overpriced low-risk stocks → Sophisticated return projections on 12,000 EM securities, exploiting broad-based mispricings across the capitalization spectrum.
*As of December 31, 2015
Total Fund Assets
|Acadian Asset Management LLC||
Emerging Market Equities
– Where to Now?, March 2016
A Trifecta of Forces Driving the Emerging Markets Selloff, August 2015
Benchmarks as Limits to Arbitrage: Understanding the Low-Volatility Anomaly
FUND overview flyer*
in Emerging Markets
Acadian Asset Management LLC
*For investment professional use only. Login required.